I love reading, when I get a spare minute. My biggest problem is finding something to read that actually keeps me entertained. I have a short attention span when reading so it's got to be engaging and pull me in, or it gets shoved into the corner of books-that-shall-not-be-finished.
The great people over at BetterWorldBooks.com have put together a top-10 book series reading list. I've read a few on the list and loved them; I am thinking I need to get around to the rest of the list. Pull up a chair, make a cocktail, and get to reading!
10. Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House series
9. The Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle
8. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
7. Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series
6. The Tomorrow series by John Marsden
5. L.M. Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables series
4. Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
3. The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
2. Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander Series
1. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
What do you think? Have you read any of them, and if so, what did you think? Anything you think is missing from the list? (If you say Twilight, we can't be friends.)
Needing new books? You should check out BetterWorldBooks.com. They just reduces prices on a slew of books, plus you can get 20% off 3 or more books by using the discount code STARTSUMMER12. And you're supporting a good cause - BetterWorldBooks.com donates a book to someone in need for every book you buy. Awesome on top of awesome.
Also, I didn't get anything for posting this. For real. I just think it's a really great site, plus who doesn't like top ten lists? I know I do.