27 June, 2011
Handmade Mondays - painted utensils.
I have a bunch of stuff to donate to DI, and while I'm there I am SO picking up some silverware and doing this. I love the idea. I found it on TipJunkie and love it! Here's the process, from DIY or Dont!.
How to Make:
Enamel spray paint
1) Take plastic wrap and wrap the end of the silverware that will come in contact with food.
2) Take the painters tape and tape over the plastic wrap at the spot on the utensil where you would like the paint to end.
3) Spray the handles of the silverware.
4) Wait an hour and spray on another coat. Let dry.
5) Flip the utensils and repeat steps 3 and 4 on the back side.
Easy peasy, yes? I really love the way they look. She also suggests finishing them with a clear coat so they are more durable. You can get matte clear in a spray can just in case you want them to have that dull finish. :)