This blog is kind of cool - they go around and check out the memes and pick good ones each Sunday. I dig their idea. So, here is today's.
[the 29'er meme]
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The sewer/water/garbage bill. We are forced to pay WAY too much for those each month.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
I don't really believe in romance or take part in it, so really, we don't do "romantic" dinners. The last time we had dinner just the two of us was Thursday. :)
3. How many colleges did you attend?
Just 1, if you can even consider UVU a college. It's more like high school.
4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
I'm still in PJs and I chose this shirt because it's comfy.
5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
No alarm! It's Sunday, silly.
6. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I just finished watching The Happening and thought, "what a weird movie".
7. What do you miss about being a child?
Recess. It's almost like you were forced into taking a break. I think all people should incorporate some sort of 'recess' into their days.
8. What errand/chore do you despise?
Clothes shopping. HATE it.
9. Have you found real love yet?
10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Being married myself, I almost have to say no, but I kind of do. I don't think marriage is required to devote yourself to someone. Sometimes marriage doesn't work for people.
12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I really have no idea. I don't have anyone that I really idolize that's famous. Maybe Einstein.
13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Yah, our sandrail caught on fire once when we were at the dunes and we had to use our fire extinguisher. It was scary!
14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
I would love to go see the Redwoods.
15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
I was kind of forced to start a new career at the beginning of this year, so I guess that got done for me. I'm happy with my current marital relationship, but I would like to meet another friend or two.
16. Do you have a “go to” person?
Depends on what it is. Dorothee and Shelby both have to listen to me sometimes.
17. Are you where you want to be in life?
I would love to have become a millionaire already so that my husband didn't have to work, but that hasn't happened. Although, I'm at a pretty good spot.
18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most?Wow, a lot! I used to be a partier with no desire to be in a relationship and now I don't party and am married with a step-daughter.
19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?Not a chance. I hated high school.
20. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
The Cono-HO. :)
22. Who do you think impacted your life the most?
That's hard to say. I've had some friends commit suicide and others die from drug overdose and all of them have really influenced my life and decisions greatly.
23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
My 7th grade English teacher. She was the last English teacher I ever liked and the last time I actually passed that class.
24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?
No! I'm way too young for that.
25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult?
My motorcycle accident. Well, actually there was a guy that I used to ride with that wrecked about a week after I did. He was in ICU for a few days and then died. Going to see him was scarier than the accident because it made me see what could have easily happened to me a week earlier, but I got lucky.
26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married?
TURN AND RUN!!! No, I'm kidding [kind of]. Just make sure it's what you really want. No matter what everyone says, marriage is HARD and takes a lot of work.
27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job?
Learn all that you can and do your best, always. You never know when you're going to be the janitor at the next big company! [the janitor that worked for Microsoft their first year is now a millionaire because he got stock in the company for Christmas. See what can happen?]
28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be?You think I could post that on my blog?! Heh, no way.
29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be?
Wow. There is so much that could be listed here. Can I take back dying? I want my grandpa to come back and not die so early in my life. I miss him.